Jenn wrote:
Hi all,

A couple of weeks ago, I solicited opinions on whether I should
pruchase a new lower cost TT like the Pro-ject, et al, or refurbish

my
old Denon DP-62-L that had been in storage for some time, as I

reenter
the analogue world. Well, I took the TT in to my trusty local store,
Audio Ectasy, and had them mount a new Grado Red, Audioquest mat, and
replace the stock cable with Audioquest. I also bought a Record

Doctor
and some isolation feet from Audio Advisor. I've lived with the

combo
for a few days now. The results? WONDERFUL! After having spent a
week in Carnegie Hall recently, conducting and hearing 4 concerts, I
now remember why I like analogue so much. It's MUCH more like music

in
a good hall. Thanks to everyone for your advice.

Hmmm, someone who lives with live music and thinks vinyl is much more
like it than CD playback. And with an entry level system no less. I'm
surprised no one has chimmed in and called you a promoter of mythology.
I am glad you were able to find simple solutions to your needs and
things worked out well. And just think, there is still much room for
improvement should you choose to seek it. Enjoy the music. Thanks for
the report.

Scott Wheeler