Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Experience with ultra-exotic hi-fi systems?

In article ,
Geoff wrote:
On 14/06/2017 10:44 PM, Don Pearce wrote:

https://www.whathifi.com/features/10...e-loudspeakers

Bling for those with more money than sense. Speaker cainets cast in gold
will sound no better than ones cast in other metals.

Then, of course, there's the room design to look into, which will make
more difference for much less money.

As a general rule, every added driver is an added source of comb
filtering, and hence a bad thing. Speakers need to be physically as
minimal as physics will allow if they are to perform well.

One look at this lot confirms, unfortunately, that they have not been
designed from good acoustic principles.

I was hoping that it was a 1 April edition .

Of all the beautifully-constructed but totally misguided loudspeakers that
I have seen at audio shows over the years, I think this one is my absolute
favorite: http://www.panix.com/~kludge/audiofest14/64830004.JPG

And yes, it sounded just like you'd expect it to.