Posted to rec.audio.tech
Trevor Wilson[_3_] Trevor Wilson[_3_] is offline

Default Yamaha RX-V559 S/W issue

Fred wrote:
Trevor, there are two sub-menu choices, Initialization Preset and
Initialization Inhibit. Use whatever buttons or knob operates the
sub-menu (see the instructions on navigating the menus in
diagnostics mode) to select Initialization Preset, and then turn the
power off. The receiver is now reset.

**Ah ha! Thanks for that. The manual is not very clear on the precise
instructions.

If there was previously a protection mode message on entering
diagnostics mode, you can check that the receiver has been reset
by entering diagnostics again. There will be no protection message
as that memory was cleared on reset.

**Will do. Thanks again.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Fred

Trevor Wilson wrote:

I have a Yamaha RX-V559 (HTR-5950/DSP-AX559) on the bench. I've
solved the electronic issue and I need to perform a 'factory preset
initialisation'. I have the manual (.pdf) and I can reach the menu
item that shows the initialisation function on screen. Sadly, the
manual fails to tell me how to initialise the amp. Any clues?

TIA