Posted to uk.rec.audio,rec.music.classical.recordings,rec.audio.opinion,alt.music.home-studio,rec.audio.pro
Bob Lombard Bob Lombard is offline

Default Adding reverb to hi-fi

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
. ..
But no matter how good the equipment and recording techniques,
the program in recordings will be masked by room issues if the
equipment is listened to in an untreated room. Guaranteed.

You're overstating the case. "Masked by" -- without qualification --
implies
it isn't audible at all. Which is not true. It's rather that the better
the
setup (including treatment), the more one can hear what the recording
"really" sounds like.

--------
William, you have the habit of quoting the immediately previous post without
attribution. That can be annoying, though not in this case.

Reading this thread has caused me to note that I share at least one
sentiment with 'abbedd': What the recording 'really' sounds like is not of
great importance. I want the music to sound good.

Mr. 'abbedd' and I disagree on specifics, is all.

bl