Posted to rec.music.classical.recordings,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro
Deputy Dumbya Dawg[_7_] Deputy Dumbya Dawg[_7_] is offline

Default Adding reverb to hi-fi

"Norman M. Schwartz" wrote in message
Tell you what. Put Madonna's Immaculate Collection on and
if you don't
hear 3d from your stereo with that overdone example of a
recording your
system is being drown out by the acoustics of your room.

No matter how much you spend on equipment you will never
hear the detail
that is in the recordings if your room is not acoustically
optimized. It
amazes me how people will spend thousands on cables and new
tubes and then
wonder why they cant hear anything different. Like putting
Channel #5 on a
pig and wondering why all you can smell is pig in the
morning.

Rather than cables, tubes, pigs and perfumes, put on a
decent pair of
headphones and you will know exactly what's in any
recording.

Except for the imaging part being non existent in headphones
you are right. If you really think that headphones image
please come over to my house cause I want to watch you crap
your pants when you hear my system. I'll get the rubber covers
out.

peace
dawg