Posted to rec.music.classical.recordings,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro
Norman M. Schwartz Norman M. Schwartz is offline

Default Adding reverb to hi-fi

"Deputy Dumbya Dawg" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Laurence Payne" lpayne1NOSPAM@dslDOTpipexDOTcom wrote in message
On Fri, 06 Jul 2007 20:26:57 +0200, "Mogens V."
wrote:

Of cause not. However, I fail to see how the fixed room can provide
what's not present in a 2D stereo recording.

But, somehow, you CAN get 3D from 2-channel playback. It's
non-intuitive, and easy to argue against. But it happens.

Rather like the infinite resolution of analogue versus the quantised
resolution of digital :-)

Tell you what. Put Madonna's Immaculate Collection on and if you don't
hear 3d from your stereo with that overdone example of a recording your
system is being drown out by the acoustics of your room.

No matter how much you spend on equipment you will never hear the detail
that is in the recordings if your room is not acoustically optimized. It
amazes me how people will spend thousands on cables and new tubes and then
wonder why they cant hear anything different. Like putting Channel #5 on a
pig and wondering why all you can smell is pig in the morning.

Rather than cables, tubes, pigs and perfumes, put on a decent pair of
headphones and you will know exactly what's in any recording.

peace
dawg