Posted to uk.rec.audio,rec.music.classical.recordings,rec.audio.opinion,alt.music.home-studio,rec.audio.pro

Default Adding reverb to hi-fi

I have NEVER seen a review in Stereophile saying the recording
was too reverberant. Interpret this as you like.

I haven't reviewed for Stereophile in 15 years. And what does that
have to do with my observation, one way or another?

It presents the possibility that Stereophile reviewers might be more
interested in reveling in the rich, creamy reproduction of reverb than
in considering whether it ought to be there at all. :-)

Ummm... Creamy reverb...