Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Tascam 122B and 234 tape machines at 3.75 IPS- any good ?

jailhouserock wrote:
why the heck do you think ABC, CBS, NBC bought thousands of those
TASCAM decks throughout the 1980's ?

To dub news from reporters using Marantz cassette decks in the field.
Also to dub actualities over telephone lines.

no, I'm asking for someone with TASCAM 122 and 234 machine time
experience, who actually owned them and used them- not someone trying
to justify the money they dropped on lossy digital like you did

I used 122Bs for realtime duplication for years, for audition tapes,
and I continue to have one in the rack. It ain't hi-fi by any stretch
of the imagination.