Posted to rec.audio.pro
Les Cargill Les Cargill is offline

Default Tascam 122B and 234 tape machines at 3.75 IPS- any good ?

Mike Rivers wrote:

On Mar 20, 3:02 am, Les Cargill wrote:

Because a Revox was heavy and expensive. Any other
analog reel deck was probably a crapshoot, or
just crap. Ampexes were furniture - forget moving
them at all. You went to them.

BAH! Kids these days! I have a friend around here who, when he was a
teenager carried an Ampex 350 around Los Angeles by bus to record
orchestras that would let him in.

Holy cow, that is a seriously determined human being.
"Recordist needed. Must be able to lift 100 pounds."

Guess you could do that when you walked uphill in the snow 40
miles to school every day.

Those recordings still sound great
even after more than 50 years.

I am sure they do. The first studio recording I ever performed
on was on one.

--
Les Cargill