Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Tascam 122B and 234 tape machines at 3.75 IPS- any good ?

what I think happens is this- new digital gear comes out,
people go out and buy it- and then feel the need to
defend it- because otherwise, they'd have to admit that
20-30 year old analog gear is just as good and even
better, and costs far less

As the owner of lots of 20-30 year old analogue gear, I have to say that
the routine maintenance cost on the ATR-100 is enough to buy a cheap DAW
every year or so. Just the cost to replace the guide bearings alone is
more than typical USB interfaces cost.