Posted to rec.audio.pro
James Price[_5_] James Price[_5_] is offline

Default Bit Rate versus Sample Rate

On Saturday, May 18, 2019 at 6:59:23 AM UTC-5, Mike Rivers wrote:
"Bit depth" is a meaningless term that was invented because somebody
didn't think that consumers could understand "sample rate" and "word
length."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you provide a technical review for
Ethan Winer's book, 'The Audio Expert'? Do you recall a section in
that book titled 'Sample Rate and Bit Depth'? According to Winer, "The
intended audience is intermediate - to advanced-level recording
engineers".