Posted to rec.audio.pro
Tobiah Tobiah is offline

Default PreSonus 1810 audio interface.

On 3/8/19 10:53 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
In article , Tobiah wrote:
What do you guys know about the 'XMAX' preamps in this unit.
The Fast Track Ultra I have uses preamps "based on M-Audio's Octane technology"
for what it's worth. I'm looking for high gain and low noise like
for intimate Foley stuff.

I have only used the StudioLive console preamps. They are pretty clean,
but like the Mackies they change somewhat as the trims are altered and they
not really something you want to be using wide open. You can do a whole lot
worse and they are fine for general purpose stuff but don't expect them to be
as quiet or clean as a Millennia.

Then again, if you use a mike with a high enough output you may not need to be
running them full out anyway.
--scott

It will be a pair of Rode NT1-A's.