Posted to rec.audio.tech
geoff geoff is offline

Default B&W 801 series 2 crossover

David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 5/17/2010 8:46 PM guy25 spake thus:

I talk to digikey on the phone but they do not carried 7W only 10W in
stock. Don't you think it works? there also some on ebay but I'm not
so sure about quality. Please give me your opinion. Thanks again,
Jimmy

1. Yes, it will work. Power dissipation has nothing to do with it
"working" or not; it just indicates how much power you can run through
it without damaging it. A 10W resistor resists just like a 7W
resistor.
2. Quality, schmality. It's a goddamn *resistor*, for chrissakes.
(Unless you're one of those audiophool suckers who falls for
gold-plated connectors, monster cables and such.) Makes no difference.

Well actually it is likely to also be an inductor. But probably
insignificantly so.

geoff