guy25 guy25 is offline
Junior Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff View Post
geoff wrote:
guy25 wrote:
I have a pair of B&W 801 series 2 and one speaker's crossover over
load and burned (a round orange coil) is this repair able? any
information will be very appreciates. I'm living in Chicago. Thanks
in advance, guy25

No , it's not repairable. Send the speakers to me.

geoff

Actually, of course it is repairable. But given the value of the speakers
would contact B&W for a local service agent, and a source of the genuine
spare part.

geoff
First of all I'd like to thanks everybody in this forum so friendly and helpful. I removed the L1 coil and inspected, it turn out O.K but the 3 Ceramic resistor next to it was got over heated. It's: R1=0R47-7W , R3=5R6-7W and R4=8R2-7W. Please take a look at the speaker diagram. I'm sorry, can not paste the Diagram here. I have been trying Google for these resistor with out success. Does anybody here know where to buy it please let me know. Thanks again, Guy25