Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] jjaj1998@netscape.net is offline

Default Mixing To Stereo - Best To Use Headphones - Not Speakers

On Saturday, August 19, 2017 at 1:16:56 PM UTC-4, John Williamson wrote:
On 19/08/2017 15:29, jtees4 wrote:
On Tue, 15 Aug 2017 15:58:28 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

p.s. What I wanted to state, when you hear just one stereo speaker, each ear hears it. Not the same with Headphones, only one ear hears that Left or Right Stereo content. Why I feel it's best to check Stereo mixes with both speakers and headphones. Just a friendly word of caution!!

Jack

Tru Dat!

The best mixes sound good on speakers and "outside your head" on
headphones. They also sound good on phone speakers and full on disco
systems running with full bass. This is why it takes days to mix a two
minute track at times.

Sounds like the dude who took a year and a half to remix The Eagles songs, that I have yet to hear any remixing.

But, to be fair, it's best to check with both headphones and speakers.

Jack
--
Tciao for Now!

John.