Posted to rec.audio.pro
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

Default Slew rate and slew rate limiting

Scott Dorsey wrote:

PStamler wrote:

And by the way -- in the 70s we saw a lot of consoles with LM301 opamps, wh=
ich had abysmal slew rates under usual operating conditions. And those cons=
oles sounded like crap, too.=20

Although... surprisingly enough Studer made some consoles using LM301s that
actually sounded very good. I boggled when I discovered those things were
full of 301s. Then I looked at the schematics and noticed that almost all
of them were working at unity gain, or maybe a gain of five or ten at most...
--scott

The studio board we built at onion audio used LM301AN's, the military
version, which could run at a higher supply voltage, for buffer amps. We
ran them just under their max. v. spec. The board sounded great.

http://hankandshaidrimusic.com/
http://www.youtube.com/walkinaymusic