Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Slew rate and slew rate limiting

"Mark" wrote in message

I wrote an addendum for my Audio Expert book about slew rate limiting,
and
thought peeps here might find it useful:

hmmmm.... it would be very interesting if someone could make a demo
of what various amounts of slew rate limiting sounds like...

You can find a circuit of a real-time adjustable slew rate limiter he

http://home.provide.net/~djcarlst/abx_slew.htm

This is part of a device we used to demonstrate ABX testing:

http://home.provide.net/~djcarlst/abx_coh.htm

Bottom line - slew rate has to be rediculously low to be audible with
real-world music. The exagerrated reports about the audibility of slew rate
limiting from the late 1970s were due reliance on sighted evaluations which
we now know to be invalid for determining the audibility of subtle
differences.