Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Slew rate and slew rate limiting

On Mon, 11 Feb 2013 11:26:37 -0800 (PST), wrote:

I wrote an addendum for my Audio Expert book about slew rate limiting, and thought peeps here might find it useful:

http://www.ethanwiner.com/slew_rate.htm

Good explanation, but another picture may make it even clearer. If you
show a plot of current rather than voltage for a slew rate limited
signal, it is the familiar flat-topped, clipped sine shape. This kind
of drives home the idea of limiting better than a voltage wave with
sloping sides.