Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Appropriate contemporary microphones for a spaced omnidirectional direct stereo array in field recording?

Ty Ford wrote:
On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 11:16:55 -0400, John Smith wrote

Rather than fighting about this in another thread, I thought I would
start a more specific one. Helpful suggestions will be very much
appreciated.

The most articulate omni I have heard so far is the SD Gefell M296. Pricey,
but scarey real. The difference is as profound as the difference between most
SD mics and a Schoeps.

Is that one of the nickel diaphragm types?