Posted to rec.audio.tech

Default OK - What is currently a good burner for audio CD?

"Mr.T" wrote...
"Richard Crowley" wrote ...
It doesn't seem possible that the disc burner drive can possibly have
anything to do with audio artifacts (content-dependent or otherwise).
I would seriously discount the source of that information.

If the burnt disk contains unrecoverable read errors, a standard CD player
may very well produce audio artefacts of some kind.
I have never once had that problem with any of the 3 Pioneers I use when
recording on Verbatim disks. Not to say you *can't* get a bad burner or a
bad disk of course.

So they are artifacts from the *playback device*. Perhaps caused
by poor recording of the ones and zeroes by the burner drive. But
the burner drive is NEVER capable of recording "audio artifacts".