Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

Default Does anyone have a schematic for a Behringer CX3400

"Phildo" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Phildo" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message

I'm still looking for a lucid explanation of what makes a
general-purpose mixing console suitable for recording and unsuitable
for live sound.

That statement alone speaks volumes about why you should not be posting
to aapls.

No Phildo, the absence of such a thing shows how arbitrarily claims like
this are tossed around.

No Arnold, I was right the first time.

Phildo, everybody knows that you are never wrong, even when you are totally
out-to-lunch. Remember your imagninary phenolic circuit boards in QSC amps?
LOL!

You don't know enough to be trying to dispense advice on live sound.

Actually Phildo, I do pretty well giving advice about live sound. I've
already affected a few $100,000's of purchase decisions around town.

This post notwitstanding, you have given no logical reason why an 02R96
shouldn't be used for live sound, given that it has enough channels, etc.

I never said it shouldn't be used, just that it was not ideal. I've even
given you the reasons Arnold.

Phildo, to give a reason you would have to be able to reason. Your posts
about my use of the 02R96 are full of bile and hate. Zero wisdom. Zero
relevant facts. Everybody knows you hate me and will tell just about any lie
that flys into your little pea brain in a childish attempt to hurt me.

Maybe I should try again using words of one syllable?

Maybe Phildo, you should teach your mentor George how to properly spell
words of one syllable.

I've been told by a local live sound eggspurt that Yamaha's 02R96 is
not suitable for live sound, I eventually found out that he arrived at
this opinion after he attempted to demonstrate one at a local venue,
and failed to coax anything out of its main outputs.

The guy was right in some respects. While it can be used for live sound,
it is not an ideal desk for a lot of situations sue to its complexity.

What complexity? Does a simple thing like layers blow your mind that
much?

Not mine but a visiting engineer only used to analogue boards would have
real trouble using a board.

Perhaps that might be true if it was you Phildo who was setting the board up
for him and introducing it to him. Like I said, I can take total newbies
through the Yammie digitals boards I've worked through in very little time.

Does input and output patching confuse your little feeble brain?

Arnold, I use a PM1D, a waaaaaaay more complicated desk than your puny
little offering, one you can only dream about using but which is reserved
for us real sound engineers.

In fact Phildo, PM1Ds are not reserved for real sound engineers. Anbody with
the bread can rent, buy or trial one from a dealer. They are used in
churches by non-professionals. Sorry to break your little bubble, Phildo!

Are parametric equalizers too much for you to learn how to use, except
with great difficulty?

I use them every single day Arnold. I also use meters to set the channel
gains, something you still haven't learned to do.

Phildo its not a matter of me not knowing how, its about getting each
particular job done the best way. This has been discussed and other pros
around here agree that setting channel gains by ear can work well.

Maybe complex to you, Phildo. To me the 02R96 is hardly complex at all.

You already admitted yourself you don't have a clue how to use it.

No such thing ever happened, Phildo.

Setting channel gains by using your ears instead of the meters is a
recipe for trouble on a digital board.

Phildo, this just shows your parania about digital boards. What makes a
digital board so different that setting levels by ear can never work well?

I have taught 4 people how to use it.

How can you do that when you don't know how to use it yourself?

Simple Phildo - I do know how to use it, your lies and hateful spew
notwitstanding.

Talk about the blind leading the blind.

You got a problem with blind people, Phildo?

Two had never used a mixing console before, and mixed a show using 20 or
so channels only an hour or two after they first saw it.

Pushing faders up and down is the easy bit. Ask him to set up the board
from scratch and it would be a different story.

Phildo, since your work environment is composed of professinally installed
systems, how would you even know what it is like to set up a new board you
get from scratch? Admit it - you probably never set up your new digital
board(s) there on ship from scratch.

The other one was experienced and virtually taught himself. There's a
girl, a junior in high school that just learned how to use our 02R96 to
mix a program with video and recorded music as well as a mic, in less
than 1.5 hours from the first time she ever looked seriously at any mixer
in her whole life.

So? It took her 1.5 hours to learn to use the board better than you with
all your claimed (lied) years of pro live sound experience.

You're simply talking trash, Phildo.

You know Phildo it is really charming shooting the crap with you, but I've
got some real work to do. Have a nice day! ;-)