dave weil

Default Anybody have different systems for different styles of music?

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 18:18:08 +0100, Lionel
wrote:

S888Wheel a écrit :

Dave, I dont know how to explain that to you once again.
I don't care about your culture ! Understand ?
I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR CULTURE !
Is it clear enough now ?

Then stop listening to Jazz.

Wrong way, music has no frontier.
Moreover I doubt that Dave Weil is an "Old Black Joe". ;-)
Hearing his first name music I imagine some german or central european
origins.

Half that and half Scotch-Irish, with a little American Indian thrown
in. My mom's family name was Sims.

I guess that the influence of his culture on the jazz music is more from
the Bartok or Stockhausen side than the American Armstrong, Parker,
Ellington... ;-)

Actually you're wrong, because most of my "jazz influence" as you term
it, comes from my growing up in Memphis and being influenced by guys
like Furry Lewis (who once played in my living room). I am also a
fairly accomplished blues harmonica player, learned by being immersed
in blues from a fairly early age. I later branched out into being
interested in many forms of jazz, including the people that you named,
as well as some of the early white pioneers of jazz as well.

I *do* like the two classical composers that you mention though.

I know neither you nor him don't *CARE ABOUT MY CULTURE* !

This is kind of ironic, since your shout was in response to my query
as to whether you knew the French jazz pianist Phillipe LeJeune.

(frustrating no ?)

Well, I know that it's frustrating from *my* standpoint.