TT

Default Different speakers in the surround arrange...?

"flint" wrote in message
. ..
:
: The left front, center, and right front should be the from
the same
: manufacturer and the same "line" of speakers. Many people
have learned
: this
: the hard way by trying to use a different center channel
manufacturer.
: Trust
: me, it will sound like crap if you the center channel is not
the same
: manufacturer as the left and right fronts. If you can't do
this, it would
: be
: better to omit the center channel (as long as your receiver
knows there is
: no center channel speaker, it will split the output between R
and L
: fronts).
:
: The subwoofer and rear channels are not at all critical in
terms of being
: from the same manufacturer or speaker line.
:
:
: Not at ALL critical????? It is critical as I have learned
after years of
: experimenting with different surround speaker choices.
:
: When a helicopter flies over head, if the speakers are matched,
it sounds
: like a helicopter flying over head. If they are not matched, it
sounds like
: a recording of a helicopter flying over head.
:
: I will say that matching the rear speakers is a lower priority
than matching
: the three front speakers. The best sounding home theaters I
have heard use
: the same bookshelf speaker for all 5 (or 6) speaker locations.
I recommend
: using the same, not just a similar line, but the same model for
all
: speakers, Left, Right, Center, Rears.
:
: It is all about choices and priorities. The system will blend
better with
: matching speakers.
:
: -- FLINT
:
Ahhhhhhh!!! Bookshelf speakers ? You mean you want it to sound
like a "toy" helicopter flying over your head.

Mmmmmmmmmm................................... Just contemplating
what 6 B&W 801s would look like in my room and how I would see
the projector screen through the front centre.

Regards TT ;-)