Arny Krueger

Default Hafler

"Stewart Pinkerton" wrote in message

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 12:10:51 -0500, "Robert Morein"
wrote:

The sound of the traditional MOSFET circuit has both followers and
detractors, to which I add my personal observation that they
complement metal dome tweeters very well, but are not as good with
fabric types.

Absolute bolllocks! As with bipolars and even a select few tube amps,
a good amp sounds like a good amp, i.e. it sounds like its input
signal. They all sound the same, hence they don't 'complement' any
particular kind of tweeter.

Agreed. The ideal amp is a "straight wire with gain", and many amplifiers
approximate this quite well, particularly if only reliable subjective means
are used to judge.

Further, there's even more ******** in your sweeping generalization
that metal dome and soft dome tweeters have a characteristic sound.
They don't.

Agreed. While intuition might suggest that metal domes might have stronger
high frequency response, the most popular dome-type tweeters with the most
extended response (40 KHz & beyond) have fabric diaphragms.