Rusty Boudreaux

Default Using DJ Amplifiers in Home Theater

"Powell" wrote in message
Given the rather conspicious reliable evidence
that I've got considerable emperical experience
with these and many other amps, one is tempted to ask
what the heck are you ranting about, Powell?

Rubbish. Talking about amps is not experience.
We all know you've not subscribed to any audio
magazines in the last 20 years... so you're not
even well read on the subject.

Thanks for the best laugh I've had all day for suggesting that
magazines will keep you "well read".

Although I subscribe to several print magazines they are really
worthless. By the time a review is published the product is
usually darn near obsolete. I can't remember how many years it's
been since I read something first in an audio mag. Q&A is
instead usually Q & wrongA. Feature articles usually miss the
mark even if they aren't scientifically flawed. I've kept all my
mag subscriptions through the years except Stereophile which I
failed to renew a few months ago. My colleagues and I took great
enjoyment from the gut busting laughs Stereophile offers every
month. For awhile, we made Top Ten lists for each issue and put
them in the humor email list. In the end it just got boring
laughing at the same stuff issue after issue no matter how
outrageous.

I'd like to see a poll of how many true audio professionals get
trade rags. Even including free subscriptions I bet the numbers
are quite low.