Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default Conn tuner

On 5/25/2019 11:47 AM, Mike Rivers wrote:
On 5/24/2019 8:31 AM, TimR wrote:
Which brings up another question: how stable are the cheap
ubiquitous electronic tuners? Every musician I know has one, they
run less than $20

They're accurate, but most don't have good enough resolution to get
right on pitch, but, as we say in folk music, they're good enough for
folk music. They're of no use when there's a fixed-tuned instrument
and everyone else has to tune to that. That's where a Strobe tuner or
something that displays cents off pitch is useful.

I use a phone app called Pitchlab, and there are several that have a
strobe-like display or meter that let you get closer than just the
note readout changing from red to green.

iStroboSoft from Peterson ( the current physical strobe tuner people who
bought out Conn) is pretty good for $12 . Android or Apple versions.

geoff