Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech
Bill Graham Bill Graham is offline

Default Cracking open a Galaxy Audio PA amp

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
.com...
On 9/16/2010 6:26 PM Bill Graham spake thus:

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
.com...

On 9/15/2010 10:33 AM William Sommerwerck spake thus:

I'm sure most people in this group have noticed how remote controls
are generally held together with screws /and/ near- unreleasable
tabs. I've never understood why both are needed.

No, it's not, and you're misunderstanding the packaging here.

My point was about the /philosophy/ of the packaging. Why
belts+suspenders, when only one is needed?

Ah, so. Actually describes my problem here quite well; why doesn't
this damn thing open up when I remove the screws, which seemed to
hold the thing together quite securely?

Perhaps it will.....Have you used sufficient force?

More force is definitely not the answer (despite the many jokes here about
dynamite, angle grinders, etc.)

The key was removing the nut around a phone jack on the back of the case,
which you'd know if you read through the rest of the thread.

As you probably know from reading my posts on other forums, David, I do my
emailing serially, and seldom have the time or inclination to, "Read the
rest of the thread." For one thing, I only get to email at all for a short
time each day, and I try, as far as I can, to be helpful during that short
time. I would think that you would be a little kinder to those of us who are
trying to help you with your problem.....You treat all of us like we are
just a bunch of smart asses, even though there are some of us who would
really like to help you.....If you would prefer, I can always put you in my
kill file, so I won't "waste your time" in the future.