Posted to rec.audio.tech
Eeyore[_4_] Eeyore[_4_] is offline

Default Value of KLH speakers?

David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 8/29/2010 5:27 AM Arny Krueger spake thus:
"David Nebenzahl" wrote

It seems to me (again, my untutored intuition) that while
low frequencies would project fine with a woofer placed
close to the floor, anything higher--say, 400 Hz
up--would suffer from such placement.

Not suffer, be changed.

So it's possible that mid to high frequencies might be enhanced by floor
placement?

Enhanced ? What is your idea of 'enhancememt' ? It all depends on the
physical construction of the speaker.

Bass I can see.

Of course, much depends on many factors: the floor
covering, room geometry, etc., etc. Carpeted floors can't
be good for *any* speakers.

Simply not true.

Really? Carpet doesn't "eat up" high frequencies?

Who said the floor was carpeted ?

Most studio control rooms I encounter have wooden floors ! I wonder why ?

Graham