GWM

Just to cover some the bases, ACID is a *looper* and a bit of a sequencer,
not a multitracker and does not allow for monitoring while recording. Vegas
is Sony's multitracker and allows monitoring while recording (but has no
midi/sequencing capabilities). There are a lot of people who would like to
see these two apps merged, but Sony has indicated on their forums that is
not likely.

Thanks,
Greg

"Kurt Albershardt" wrote in message

I really need to be portable. I will be traveling and working in Asia
for the next few years. I want to be able to record songs on the road
and drop cdrs thta of decent quality into local college radio, record
stores and clubs. For portability, I am staying away from 19" racks at
this point.

(I plan to use a couple of goosneck microphone cables to connect the
mics to the mini-me ... I cannot even lug a mic stand around with me!)

http://www.sounddevices.com/products/7.htm

Great preamps, beautifully built, excellent headphone amp. Uses
rechargeable lithium Sony camcorder batteries.