To answer your question respectfully, I stated that I was a musician in
defference to pros like you. I obviously am willing to learn how to use
my system .. I posted here didn't I? Learning has hardly ever been an
exercised in solitude during my lifetime ... I've always learned in
classrooms or with a mentor. Sure, I hang out alone and work on stuff
all of the time. I rarely reach to this newsgroup, but I did on this
occasion.

My DAW does not stream the audio through to the headphones to monitor.
I have to listen to the audio on the front side of my converter: that's
just the way it is. So, I play back the wav data that I've recorded and
overdub to this information. But my overdub is referenced before the
cpu/computer/DAW.

Thanks a lot guys!!

Then why are you trying to create your own studio? Are you willing to

learn how to use your system (or get proper software and/or hardwre)
or do you want to continue to be just a musician and leave the
technical stuff to someone else? That's a viable alternative - it has
been for years. But today, it's pretty common for a musician to add
recording to his list of skills, and that might mean learning
something new, and even buying a new "instrument."