Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default Sound Forge Pro

On 13/07/2016 2:47 p.m., Phil W wrote:
geoff:

I got turned of Cubase in the early day when I found you couldn't
just arm on a track header then hit 'Record'. Turned out you had to
draw an empty space that you have to record into.

Maybe they sorted that counter-intuitive feature eventually, but I
had already gone.

That has been sorted out long time ago already. When I started playing
around with DAWs, about 15 years ago, Cubase already worked the way:
hit "arm" on a track and start recording - it even works, while
already running and the recording for this track starts immediately.

Doesn't seem that long ago - but as they say - time flies when you're
having fun !

Of course, you should still make sure, the desired input is selected,
before you hit "Record". ;-)
Just like in most/many other DAWs.

I'm sure :-)

In Vegas and Acid if you omit to arm a track (and select an input) , it
automatically creates and records a new track with the default input(s),
which may or may not save an embarrassing situation.

geoff