Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Sound Forge Pro

On 7/12/2016 6:51 PM, Luxey wrote:

Something lit up in my head, could be at one point it was possible to listen all
the way, but you could do only one FX at time, render after each one? There was
no way to apply couple FX/ processors at once.

I had Sound Forge Version 2, that came along with a production music
library that I had. It was the first editor that I had, though I had
looked at one from Turtle Beach that was really popular at the time. The
next version I had was 8, and I have 9 and 10 now. I never got past 10.

They have what they call the "Plug-in Chainer" which lets you put
plug-ins in series. The only time I used it was when I wanted to plot
some equalizer frequency response curves for an article. I had a file of
pink noise that I put an EQ on, and then "chained" SPAN (a spectrum
analyzer) after it. I dreamed of watching the spectrum change as I
adjusted the EQ in the Preview mode, but SPAN takes up the whole screen
so I couldn't adjust the EQ with SPAN engaged. I ended up using Room EQ
Wizard to plot the EQ curve using a sine sweep, but that has nothing to
do with what most people use plug-ins for.