Posted to rec.audio.pro
Luxey Luxey is offline

Default Sound Forge Pro

Will not quote everyone ...

1. I surely do not remember preview being for whole file. I remember it as
being couple of seconds long. Could be it was RAM dependent and my machines
always were on the bottom side of computing power and capacity spectrum ...

2. ... which could be why I remember CD architect as heavy and clumsy. OK,
maybe it did not crash, I could be wrong. Maybe I even have it confused with
DVD Arch?! I remember those things rendering for ages something I expected
to be done in minutes (which some other apps, in following years, exactly did
as expected).
I think I speak about version 1.0, if there ever was another version.

3. Sound Forge versions I speak about are maybe up to version 4, I think.
Wave lab I also speak about versions up to 3, maybe 4, ... I've lost interest
in following it when it became clear there will never again be any real money
in demo studios world. I used version 6 quite a lot recently.

4. Cubase I mostly used in VST32 days (not counting ATARI ST), also people I
worked with had version 3, some have version 5. I know some who told me they
have version 6 but I've never touched that one. Quite recently I was shocked to
find out there is version 8 already. Maybe they went even further in the
meantime.

5. Dealing with user interface skins (as in Reaper) is the last thing I'd to
do.