Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

Default Sound Forge Pro

On Tuesday, July 12, 2016 at 11:26:59 AM UTC-4, Mike Rivers wrote:
On 7/12/2016 10:56 AM, Luxey wrote:
Sound Forge lost it many years ago when it arrived too late to implement real
time plug ins. Many people decided Wavelab's counterintuitive interface is small
price to pay for a rack of real time processing and FX.

And I felt exactly the opposite. I rarely use plug-ins, and never when
recording, so whatever they did with them, I guess I never noticed that
they were late to the party.

For strictly audio multitrack I'd always stick to Cubase. I think they got the
UI just right.

I played around with Nuendo when it was pretty much the same as Cubase
with more convenient routing for studio use - headphone mixes and such.
I couldn't get accustomed to the vocabulary. Since I use a console for
my mixing, I didn't really need all of those features. Reaper works just
fine for me when I'm tracking, and I only have Pro Tools for people who
insist, or so when I'm reviewing something and it's appropriate, I can
confidently say "it works with Pro Tools."

Understand that I'm not anti-ProTools, it's just that I don't need it
often enough to learn it so that I can be an effective user. And as a
very occasional user, I'm not enthusiastic about their subscription
policy. That's why unless I get a rich client (HA!!) I probably will
stick with PT 10 until it will no longer run on a computer that will no
longer run.

Rich client? I'd do the work for FREE, just so I can personally hear how fine it could be!! I mean, past music that I like I'd want free copies of the CD or whatever, to be sent to the critics of my work, that's all.

And, may I interject about "Remastering". I liked Van Morrison, don't believe he was all instrumental in his popularity. Lots of stuff was decided for him.
His "demos" sounded pathetically boring.

Since his Moondance remastered album sounded good, I thought I'd give another 2015 Remaster album a try. You'd find KMA applauding the sound (smile), while I'm demanding my money back!! Garbage, muddy audio. I'm seeing if my friend has the actual CD, as I feel there's an error in downloads!!

DAW's? So many, even "free", they'll end up as a prize in Cracker Jacks boxes!!

Jack