Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default 320 kbps MP3

On 6/03/2016 10:59 AM, Les Cargill wrote:
geoff wrote:
On 5/03/2016 4:31 PM, Les Cargill wrote:
Okay, I retract what I'd said about 320 kbps. For the right program
material, it's not even a subtle difference like imaging.

Even on some better dense rock mixes, it's pretty hamhanded. There
were even artifacts around 500Hz to 2k, which surprised me.

If there were lots of artifacts around 3k, that would be a Good Thing,
no ?

geoff

Well, I'm sort of guessing on the 500Hz to 2K thing. Give or
take.

I'm not sure. Why? Just as a sort of EQ boost?

To optimise the sound quality quotient for JackAss !

geoff