Posted to rec.audio.tech
Randy Yates Randy Yates is offline

Default HD or BluRay?

AZ Nomad writes:
[...]
I'm waiting for the encryption to be broken before buying. If I can't play
my media where, when, and how I want, I'm not buying.

I like having my media copied to a central server, instead having my household
littered with little plastic disks.

If the encryption is never broken, that is OK with me too.

I'd be one of the last ones to stick up for the sharks in Hollywood, but
a very real problem with this is that many folks won't be honest. Many
folks, granted an easy copy ability, would "share" their videos with
their family and friends so everyone could reduce their $$$ outlay, and
that is cheating, in my book.

Having said that, I do believe that if one pays for a DVD/CD/whatever,
they should be free to use it where ever and whenever they want, and to
make unlimited copies for such usage, as long as it used only among the
immediate household members. For example, I think the mindset that says
you can't copy a CD for car use (to avoid scratching your nice master) is
bull****.
--
% Randy Yates % "And all that I can do
%% Fuquay-Varina, NC % is say I'm sorry,