Posted to rec.audio.tech
Trevor Wilson[_2_] Trevor Wilson[_2_] is offline

Default HD or BluRay?

"Richard Crowley" wrote in message
"Trevor Wilson" wrote ...
"Richard Crowley" wrote ...
"Trevor Wilson" wrote ...
**You seem to be under the common misconception that the movie industry
rules the roost. It doesn't.

No? It only controls the *content* on 99% of all pre-recorded
video media sold on this planet. I'm willing to call that "control"

**That is the ONLY control they weild.

LOL! What else would one need in a content-driven market?

**Back in the Beta/VHS days, the movie industry was the only player (for all
intents). They didn't like dual inventory. Now, in the DVD/Blu Ray/HD-DVD
world, the movie industry is not the only player. In fact, they are not even
the major player. They will not dictate the direction of the industry. That
will be dictated by the computer/gaming industry. The movie industry will
follow.

The success or otherwise of two competing systems rests with the computer
industry, not the movie industry. Since at least one major movie producer
(Sony) is a huge player in the computer gaming industry, you may now gain
some idea of where the industry is likely to head.

Perhaps it has escaped your notice that Sony is unique in
being: 1) a leading and innovative manufacturer of consumer
and professional electronics; 2) a major movie studio; and
3) owner of many popular music labels. It seems quite likely
that the majority of Sony customers don't know (or care) that
they are even in the computer gaming business.

**How dould it have escaped my notice? It was I who made the point. Several
times.

**And those who do not understand the influence of the gaming industry
will miss the point too.

Cross-posting from some other planet, are you?

**I suggest you bruch up on the term: 'cross post'. I don't cross post.

I know what cross-posting is.

**It seems you don't.

If you don't like my literary style,
just say so.

**I don't cross-post, despite your recent claims.

The world is significantly larger and more complex
than your gaming-centric view of it.

**LOL! I don't play games. I am not placing my preferences on view. I am
just stating facts. I just look at the industry from a much broader
perspective than (apparently) you do. People who ignore the computer/gaming
industry, do so at their peril.

Trevor Wilson