Arny Krueger

Default is quality PC soundcard relevant to editing and burning digital sound?

Robert Morein wrote:

Even you, Arny Krueger, have documented differences in sound cards.

Insult intended by phrase "even you" noted.

BTW, that would be audio interfaces, not just sound cards.

In order to audition the sound, a high level of quality is required.

In order to mix and edit you need a reasonable rendition of the sound.

Any filter with adjustable parameters has tradeoffs in the
application. Since the result of filtering is usually subject to
subjective judgment, the quality of the DAC matters.

Right, but you don't need a LynxTWO to mix.

I have a modern laptop that appears to have excellent quality.
On the other hand, a Slot A Athlon I used until recently had audio
quality that was extremely poor.

An ancient historical artifact.

Although it is likely that the user has a good DAC, it is not certain.

He's got ears, right? If it sounds bad then its up him to take appropriate
steps.

Therefore, it is worth bringing to his attention that the DAC,
wherever it may be located, should be a good one.

Dooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!