Arny Krueger

Default is quality PC soundcard relevant to editing and burning digital sound?

wereoboy wrote:

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message

Robert Morein wrote:

However, if you wish to use filters or noise reduction, or choose
clips based upon quality comparisons, then you need a decent card.

Completely wrong. What you need is a good editor. The sound card is
just an interface and it provides no filters, noise reduction or
other editing facilities unless some software happens to be packaged
with it.

Completely wrong interpretation of what I said.

First off, there is no record of a previous post by "weroboy" that I
commented on. So, I can't have possibly wrongly interpreted what you said
"weroboy" since I've not commented on anything that you wrote.

Secondly, it's too bad I've got this hang up about reading English as it is
written. If that was indeed you speaking under a different false name, then
you used the word "card". No "card" is necessarily needed.

In order to HEAR and JUDGE, one needs a good sound card.

Not necessarily, In order to edit all you need is some kind of a working
audio interface. These days most modern PCs come with an audio interface on
the motherboard.

As you point out, the card is not involved in the processing, only in the

JUDGING..

What card? No sound card is required, just a chip on the motherboard that is
no doubt already there.