Robert Morein

Default is quality PC soundcard relevant to editing and burning digital sound?

"Bob Newheart " paddospammenot wrote in message
Hi all,

I have a mini-DV tape with a nature sounds soundtrack I would like to
capture, edit (basically copy several times to make a longer track), and
burn on CD. As the soundtrack is digital and will be captured through
firewire, edited digitally, and burned on audio CD, it appears to me that
the quality of my soundcard has no influence in any way on this process
(i.e. a crappy one can generate a hiss in playback but the sound card is

not
in the chain of DVtape-to-PC-to-CD).

Am I correct here?

Many thanks,

BN

Yes, you are correct.
However, if you wish to use filters or noise reduction, or choose clips
based upon quality comparisons, then you need a decent card.