transducr

Default Free Bomb Factory Plug Ins!

ospam (WillStG) wrote in message ...
(transducr)

so, i just found out what the story is with these free plugs.

very recently a way to to reset the ilok trial expiration for
full-featured demo plugs was found. people even apparently made
applescripts to execute the whole thing with one mouse-click.

i sent a friend of mine who was using this method the link to the
legit free plugs when this thread started and he just sent me an email
this morning telling me he wanted to pull his hair out...apparently
these plugs install an update to the ilok software that prevents this
"crack" (really more of a workaround than a crack, i suppose) from
working.

Not surprising, but I thought that was what software "Updates" were for...

guess they wanted to nip this in the bud now rather than waiting for
or adding another software release.

i thought it was pretty smart.