Steven Sullivan

Default Newbie question: system upgrade

Joseph Oberlander wrote:
Steven Sullivan wrote:
Colin wrote:

In a previous post I asked about the Harmon kardon products, see
above. Are they not as good as other comparable priced recievers??

No, they're fully as good as comparably prices receivers.

Denon, Onkyo, HK, and Sony all make roughly simmilar quality
amplifiers, so get the one with the best features and price.

The tipping factor for me was that the HK HT receiver I bought (the AVR
520) had HDCD decoding...which I predict will soon be impossible to find
on home electronics, if it isn't already. Turned out it also had much
better input confugurability* than my older (and significantly less
expensive) Yamaha HT 5540, as well as more power, but that's all gravy.

--
-S.

*But curiously, its DPL II implementation is *less* configurable than
the Yammy's, darnit.