Stewart Pinkerton wrote:
On 1 Oct 2005 02:11:35 GMT, wrote:

Stewart Pinkerton wrote:

I don't know, or care to know, what those differences are, or whether
you can measure them...all I know is that I can HEAR them...

You *know* no such thing. This has been explained to you on numerous
occasions, but you refuse to accept it. You have the classic religious
reply of "I heard it, so it *must* really exist". Well, the reality is
that you only *imagined* that you heard it, and it does *not* really
exist. Furthermore, this is easily proved, so what's your problem?

Do I need point out to you that this is a metaphysical impossibilty?
You cannot know what I see or hear.

Sure I can, in the same way that I know for an absolute fact that you
cannot run a mile in 3 minutes.

In each case you have a model: you have a model of how the human body
performs at running, and you have a model of how the ear/brain performs
at listening. And you claim that certain functions are so far outside
the limits that they are practically impossible.

It is always possible for the physical world to do things outside our
models, at least slightly. However, I simply believe that the world of
perception and consciousness is so rich and fluid that it is far more
likely to perform outside our fixed constraints.

Mike