Bob

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 14:32:23 GMT, Patrick Turner
wrote:

Bob wrote:

I'm wondering if an old picture tube can be set up like a triode or something...
that would make for a unique amp!

And get rid of all those monitors in my basement...

Certainly an improvement over TV... I wonder what the gain and load would be...

Hooked up correctly they can display picituries.

But used for sound you'll have your visitors turn the amp on and then wait,
and wait.... and wait.... damn, where's the pitcha?

Patrick Turner.

Back in the 70s I had an old TV where I connected a stereo amp to a deflection
coil, with a 'phase modifying' circuit, and used the TV as a lissigious light
show! I glued colored plastic bits to the screen. A square wave gen. injected at
the grid caused dotted lines.

Better then TV at the time...