Gravity

Default problem with installing a deck in my 2003 cavilar

This guy is ripping you off. The harness to relocate the factory deck to the
trunk is $9

:-D I just cut the cheese!
wrote in message

so i got this 2003 cavilar with an am/fm radio...no cd....no cassette.

i wanna put an after market cd player in it. But the guy at the most
reputable install shop says the stock am/fm radio is part of the car
computer/ecu/brains and it wont work without it. He said that i
need a module to replace it, and that costs 400 bucks canadien (250
american) . Other option is to reroute my stock am/fm radio to the
trunk, but he says thatll cost me the same as the module.

Anyone know if this is true? And if it is true... is his price on the
module correct? Can i get one cheaper off of the internet somewhere?

anyone got any websites for me ???

i dont wanna spend that much cash for an install. Id be paying around
500 bucks canadien (325 american) for a basic cd install.

Any suggestions???

thanks
adam