Richard Crowley

Default ProTools or Cool Edit ? ? ?

"IS" wrote ...
I would like to ask if there is a way, in CEP, to grab
the Selection Cursor or the thing that moves across
the screen when it's playing, and somehow let
it move with the mouse?
Sometimes when I've zoomed in to a very small area
and a split second takes up the whole work area it
moves at an 'impossible to follow' speed.

"Thomas Bishop" wrote ...
Why would you want to do that? I don't think you can do it.
You mean the solid white line, not the dotted one?

IOW, he wants to "scrub".

Many NLE video systems "scrub" audio by playing each 1/30
second "clip" as you drag the cursor along the timeline. At first,
I thought it was pretty silly until I started using it.

Now that Adboe owns it, maybe they will import that feature
from Premiere.