JBorg

Default Denon vs Yamaha receiver

William Sommerwerck wrote:
I said

Jason Wong said:

I'm looking to upgrade to a new Pro Logic II receiver and am undecided
between the Denon AVR-1603 or the Yamaha HTR-5550. I can get both for
the same price of $400 CAN. I haven't been able to compare the two
yet as they are sold by separate dealers where I'm from. Just wanted
to get the audiophile's opinion on this one. Thanks!

That is still quite because the guy is asking for opinions,
not what his preference should be.

No, he's asking us to tell him what to buy.

That is still quite "quite".

He's telling us that he is undecided which to buy between Denon and
Yamaha because he hasn't been able to compare the two yet as they are
sold by separate dealers where he's from.

He's looking to us as "experts" to give him the absolute truth so he
can buy the "right" product.

Now that is really quite "quite".

He's looking to us as "audiophiles" to get an audiophile's opinion so he can,
perhaps, set his priorities or needs in drawing his own preferences.

Mind you, do you think that you are an "expert" in giving him the
"Absolute Truth" about his prefernces and what would sound good to him?