Posted to rec.music.gdead,rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.design

Default 24-bit on tap at Apple?

marcman wrote:

On Feb 24, 11:17 pm, "Trevor" wrote:
"John Larkin" wrote in message

Real audiophiles insist on 32-bit DACs.

You mean real Audiophools :-)
However at least better DAC's still work well with 16 bit files, even if
NONE can deliver better than true 24 bit resolution in our universe, and I
know of no normal home that can really use more than true 16 bit (96dB) DNR,
or anybody that normally listens to music in a sound proof isolation booth
on a regular basis.

I've spent half my life in a sound proof isolation booth.

A straightjacket & ducktape is cheaper. ;-)

Teflon coated.