Posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor Trevor is offline

Default Ever heard an exotic high-dollar turntable playing LP's? Hugedifference? No?

On 5/08/2018 5:22 PM, John Williamson wrote:
On 05/08/2018 08:02, Trevor wrote:
But back in the day the BEST reason for having a *good*
turntable/tonearm/cartridge was you didn't destroy your records every
time you played them! Better sounding **** was mainly a bonus. Now
most people don't care, (not that they ever did) their records
sounding crappier and crappier every time they play them adds to their
"appeal" now apparently. And they still get to perform the "rituals"
they missed out on with digital media. :-)

I've always been one of those that plays the record once, while
recording it on to the best tape or digital medium I have available.

Me too back in the day. Played the record, recorded onto reel for home
and cassette for car. Then only played the record for serious listening.
By the time digital came along though, there was no need to buy vinyl,
or record CD's onto tape.