Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

Default Audiophiles still here?

Tony here has been very pleased with his three-way Dynaudio separates. I
would check those out for sure.

Morel makes very good speakers and I have heard nothing but praise for their
Supremo line.

Focal makes great speakers of course.

I have been very happy with my JL midbass drivers. They kill anything MB
Quart has to offer.
I would add Jl to your list as well.

MOSFET

"bolt thrower" wrote in message

Haven't read the forum in a couple of years gentlemen, need some advice
from the audiophiles if there are still any around.

Have an Apline-headed system with an ESX Q1204 driving CDT braxials and an
a/d/s/ reference 10" Its a fantastic system but its coming up one four
years old. I drive 180 miles a day so its seen a lot of use.

Thinking about replacing the car, and of course my next ride will need a
system. Focus, of course, will be SQ.

Wondering if anyone can recommend a 3-way component system for under $1000
that can be driven by the front channels of the Q1204. Would like the
midbass to be extremely meaty (my current system lacks midbass) and will
likely mount them in the doors, with the remaining components in the
kicks, possibly with the tweeters up top or in the a-pillars.

Have been very pleased overall with the CDTs, but as I said they lack
midbass (there will be some equalization for the new system -- I have none
now -- so I am not blaming the speakers directly).

Everything else will pretty much remain the same.

Any recommendations?

Thanks.